America's Heartland on Viking Mississippi
St. Paul to St. Louis
On this enlightening journey on the Upper Mississippi, you will hear stories of pioneers and the Lewis and Clark Expedition; walk in the footsteps of Mark Twain; and learn about the Norwegian migration. Enjoy the view as your ship navigates through the river’s intricate lock system. And experience the region’s many cultural treasures-from ragtime, polka and Norwegian folk music to Wisconsin cheese, craft beer and hearty ...
Hosting 386 guests in 193 all outside staterooms, the new state-of-the-art Viking Mississippi is inspired by our award-winning Viking Longships® and ocean ships and will feature clean Scandinavian design, as well as public spaces that are familiar to guests but that have been reimagined for Mississippi River voyages. Purpose-built for the Mississippi, the ship’s cutting-edge design, expansive windows and comfortable amenities will make it the first truly modern cruise ship in the region.
Viking Mississippi Features
- 193 comfortable all outside staterooms (128 Veranda & Deluxe Veranda Staterooms, 8 French Balcony Staterooms, 24 Penthouse Veranda Staterooms, 16 Penthouse Junior Suites, 7 Terrace Suites, 10 Explorer Suites)
- All suites feature two full-size rooms with large veranda
- Sun Terrace with Infinity Plunge Pool
- Aquavit Terrace, a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area for al fresco dining or an American barbecue experience
- Stroll the full 360-degree promenade deck for views of scenic landscapes and regional wildlife
- River Café, a new way to dine featuring American classics and Mamsen's Norwegian specialties
- The Explorers' Lounge and Bar with two-story panoramic views of the Mississippi
- The Bow, a quiet sitting area at the front of the ship
- Elevators throughout the ship
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Self-service launderettes and laundry service
- Intelligent energy-efficient propulsion systems produce less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 42" flat-screen, interactive LCD TV with intuitive remote & complimentary Movies On Demand
Viking®, The World’s Leading River Cruise Line®, offers destination-focused itineraries on the rivers of Europe, Russia, Asia and Egypt. Travel with like-minded travelers on what Viking calls The Thinking Person’s Cruise®, designed to help you explore and engage with your destination—with immersive shore excursions, insightful lectures, Destination Performances, cooking demonstrations and regional cuisine. Plus, with Viking Inclusive Value, just abo ...